Java Comparison APIs - Compare documents for differences
APIs for merging and comparing two same format documents on any Desktop/Server environment within any Java-based applicationDownload Free Trial
GroupDocs.Comparison for Java
GroupDocs.Comparison for Java is a Documents Comparison, Difference Checker and Documents Merging API. It compares both Content and Styles of the documents. Supported with out-of-the-box ‘Track Changes’ functionality producing a summary file listing the source files with the changes made. All industry standard document formats including PDF, OpenDocument, HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Text files supported.
At A Glance
An overview of Java comparison API
- Compare Contents & Styles
- Accept/Reject Changes
- Merge & Compare
- Support for Streams
- Compare Multiple Documents
- Word's Native "Track Changes"
- Save Summary Separately
- Summary Details
API supports any Desktop/Server environment with Java run-time 1.6 or above
- Microsoft Windows Desktop
- Windows Server
- J2SE 6.0 or higher
API Supported Document Formats
GroupDocs.Comparison for Java supports following formats.
- Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTM, DOTX, RTF
- Excel: XLS, XLSX, XLSB, XLSM, XLS2003, CSV
- PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX
- Outlook: EML, EMLX, MSG, MHTML
- OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP, OTP
- Portable Document Format: PDF, PDF/A
- AutoCAD Drawings: DWG, DXF
- Text: TXT
- Web: HTML
- Others: DICOM, MOBI, DjVu, DCM, VSDX
Advanced Document Comparison API Features
Compares document contents of two or more files
Compare password protected files e.g Words, Cells, Slides and PDF
Compares font styles: bold, italic, underlines, strike-troughs, font types
Track all changes including deletion, insertion and formatting changes
Can be integrated easily
Optional support for built-in WebBased user interface
Generates a summary report
File IO though Java stream for reading and writing documents
Accept or reject changes in all type of comparison
Merge and compare up to three Word documents
Native Track Changes functionality: Original and the Changed document identification in Microsoft Word files
Save difference summary to DOC or DOCX format
Save HTML files to Word document
Save compared file as images
Can compare watermarks
How API works
- Get file source path as input.
- Get file target path as input to compare with.
- Define result path for Output.
- Compare the source and target document.
- Performs comparison operation and return the output (As Path, Stream) (if required)
No complex document comparison workflows to find the changes within different versions but just few lines of code.
Document comparison - Java
//Source and target files to be compared String source = @"source.docx"; String target = @"target.docx"; Comparer comparer = new Comparer(); //Compare two documents ICompareResult result = comparer.Compare(source, target, new ComparisonSettings());