Java Viewer API - display documents within your applications
API to view over 50 document formats from any Java based application without requiring any external viewers.Download Free Trial
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java is a compelling document viewer API. Use it within your Java applications for rendering more than 50 documents and image formats. It rasterizes both documents and images. This Java API renders text from documents and converts it to SVG, HTML and CSS – offering native file rendering with high fidelity true-text.
At A Glance
An overview of Java document viewer API.
- Conversion to Images
- Supports Caching
- Rotate Page
- Reorder Pages
- Add Watermarks
- Conversion to SVG+HTML+CSS
- Supports Caching
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java supports any Desktop or Server environment with Java run-time version 1.6 or above
- Microsoft Windows Desktop
- Windows Server
- J2SE 6.0 or higher
- ZIP Archive
50+ file formats supported
Java file viewer API supported formats listed
- Word: DOC, DOCX, DOT, DOTX, DOCM, DOTM, RTF
- Excel: XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB
- PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX
- Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW, VSTX, VSSX
- Project: MPP, MPT
- Outlook: MSG, EML, EMLX
- OneNote: ONE
- OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP, OTP, OTS
- Fixed Layout: PDF, XPS
- Images: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, multi-page TIFF, WebP
- AutoCAD Drawings: DXF, DWG (2004)
- Metafiles: EMF, WMF
- Web: HTML, HTML5, MHT, MHTML
- Text: TXT, CSV
- Other: MOBI, ICO, EPUB, XML, TEX, DjVu
Advanced Java Document Viewer API Features
Render email attachments
HTML Representation : Rasterize documents and convert them to SVG+HTML+CSS
Image Representation: Rasterize documents and convert them to image format
PDF Representation: Convert documents to PDF format for displaying
Display documents in your application in its original format
Use Cache feature for fast loading only for HTML5 and image representation
Rotate Pages: supported with only HTML5 and Image representations
Reorder Pages: only for HTML5 and Image representations
Watermark: Add text as watermark to all pages and images of the output
Quick & Reliable Document Viewer API
Viewer API has the ability to quickly display different document formats with just a few lines of code. It's simple
Get image representation of the document pages - Java
// Set viewer configuration ViewerConfig config = new ViewerConfig(); config.setStoragePath("D:\storage\"); // Create ViewerHandler ViewerImageHandler _imageHandler = new ViewerImageHandler(config); // Get images List<PageImage> pages = (List<PageImage>) _imageHandler.GetPages("sample.docx");
Installation and Usage
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library files can be installed/downloaded directly as:
- Download the library from the download archive.
- Extract the archive.
- Open console and cd to lib directory of the extracted directory.
- Run command mvn install:install-file -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=3.0.0 -DgroupId=com.groupdocs -DartifactId=groupdocs-viewer -Dfile=GroupDocs.Viewer.jar or just run the install_library.bat to install library in maven
Note: version number and file name can be different from current documentation.
- Add dependency to your pom.xml
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId> <artifactId>groupdocs-viewer</artifactId> <version>17.5.0</version> <type>jar</type> </dependency>
This library is hosted in the Maven Central Repository, so if you use Maven in your projects just use the dependency declaration provided above.
The jar itself you can download from the Maven Central Repository.Another way to use.
All it takes to start rolling with GroupDocs.Viewer is to reference a single GroupDocs.Viewer.jar file.
If you download the Zip Archive as discussed in the previous topic then you are required to add the external library by practicing the following steps in Eclipse:
- Right click on Java project, and go to Properties.
- Go to Java Build Path.
- Open Libraries tab.
- Press Add External JARs.., and load GroupDocs.Viewer Jar.